How to report T5008 slip?

contact mytaxexpress
2018-03-12 20:17

T5008 slip is not used directly in tax return. you need to add form Schedule 3 in your tax return, and enter each stock/mutual fund transaction into an entry of field 131/132.

Each T5008 will become one entry of transaction for field 131/132. You need to find out the amounts in T5008:

  • Number of shares in schedule 3, is box 16 of T5008
  • cost base, the buying price, is box 20 of T5008
  • dipositon, the selling price, is box 21 of T5008
  • outlay and expense, the commission you pay to buy/sell if any

Tags: cost base, disposition, proceed, T5008
Average rating: 3.37 (19 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry