This Re-File feature is not enabled in software yet, as CRA is still testing myTaxExpress and also its own system.
For tax year 2016, you can use EFile to Re-File (Amend) an assessed T1 return; The following condition must be met before you can Re-File a return:
- CRA has completed the assessment or re-assessment of initial T1 return.
- As an EFiler, you need to have a valid form T1013 with level 2 authorization on file for the tax payer with the CRA. So you can Re-File to amend the tax return. myTaxExpress EFile software can submit T1013 authorization online as a separate step.
To Re-File a tax return, follow these steps:
- First open the return file for ReFile, and choose menu "Start | Set tax return for Re-File".
- If you already set this return for Re-File, you will get the following warning message. In other word, you only set tax return for Re-File once in the beginning.
- It will create a new tax return file, adding "_ReFile" in the file name for Re-File purpose. The original tax return file is untouched, so you can reference the original file in the future.
You can see a new file is created for Re-File purpose. Next time, you can simply open this file, no need to use menu "Re-File" again.
- In Form T183, you will see checkbox is checked for Re-File in section 4. Maybe you also want to optionally complete part D.
- Complete the tax return as you are filing a full T1 return
- Choose menu "Start | Create EFile" to efile this amended return.