ID #1096

How to report foreign income and income tax paid?

First, you need to convert foreign income currency to Canadian currency from Bank-Of-Canada anual currency exchange rate; For tax year 2012, theĀ  US-CAD exchange rate is about 1. You can find average currency exchange rate here.

2nd, you need to report the foreign income into field 104 of T1. If the foreign country has a tax treaty with Canada, you can enter tax-exempted income into field 256 of T1.

3rd, please add form T2209/T2306 into your tax return, it will ask input of foreign income tax paid. This will calculate the foreign income tax credit.

Tags: foreign, T2209

Related entries:

You cannot comment on this entry